This project has received funding from the ECSEL Joint Undertaking under grant agreement No 737465. This Joint Undertaking receives support from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and Germany, Belgium, Ireland.
Expand all | Collapse all
TOPHIT H2020 Project
- TOPHIT is a H2020 funded project coordinated by UCC-Tyndall for development of the heterogeneous integration of photonics and ICs. One aspect is the development of µTP for photonic integrated circuits, i.e. integration of III-V lasers, modulators and photodetectors, to realize high aggregate bitrate transceivers for datacom and telecom applications.
IPIC Research Center
- The Irish Photonics Integration Centre is one of twelve world-leading large scale research centres, established to provide major economic impact. The mission is to deliver excellence in photonics research and advance & miniaturise photonice integration science in order to develop leading edge technologies and products.
TERABOARD H2020 Project
- In TERABOARD µTP technology of edge emitting lasers on Si photonic ICs is developed.
PIX4life H2020 Project
- PIX4life focuses on the development of pilot lines for silicon nitride photonic ICs, for operation at short wavelengths (below 1 micrometer). Open access mechanisms will be set up including MPW services.
Optical Filters internal project
- XFAB and XCEL have been collaborating to demonstrate a printed optical filter on a CMOS wafer. Feasibility studies have been completed and the demonstrations will form the basis of industrialization in WP3 of this project.